Sunday, December 18, 2011

My new hobby :)

So I have a little bit of 'extra time' on my hands recently :) so I've taken up finding old crappy treasures and re doing them! The fumes from the spray paint are probably going to my head as I have no idea what I''m really doing but I have been happy with my first few finished projects.

I found this one at DI for $5I didn't get a totally finished pic so the brown seat is now finished. But I love the blue color!

This one I found on KSL for $40. It is super solid wood and in good shape. We had to repair (ok chris did) one little corner but other than that it just needed to be washed and painted.

It came with pink and purple drawers and my boys were freaking out at first :)



We found a super cool paint that should of put a cool rough texture on it but it started to go kind of weird on us so we settled for a somewhat textured look.


I think it looks super cool and the boys will love it in their new room.




This one was actually my first risk. I got it on KSL for $10 and my boys were really not happy at me. No way is that going in my room! Look at all those flowers and gross things! That's what I heard for days.

I had to sand and sand and sand, then Kilz paint it to get it looking smooth but in the end I think it's really cool. This will be a great place for Lego's, and cars, and trucks, and school projects etc.

A few coats of spray paint and some cool Hobby Lobby knobs and we are as good as new!

We are now working on a big nice hutch for the kitchen that will hopefully be done this week :)

No comments: