Monday, November 5, 2012

Avery Jane

So at 39 weeks I am done! Especially this time. I won't bore you with all my aches and pains of this pregnancy but I was done being pregnant. I went to my midwife appointment on Wed Sept 26th and begged for help :) She stripped my membranes, gave me 4 oils to use and we wished for the best. I went to lunch with Chris and came up and cleaned the house a little and tried to take a nap (ya right). Chris came home from work, we did the homework, soccer, scouts routine, had dinner put the kids to bed and then I started on the oils. My parents were headed here for a day on their way to Idaho-great timing!

I woke up about 2am with pretty good contractions but they were short and 8 minutes apart. I walked around the house for about 30 minutes then went back to bed. I was able to sleep on and off til about 6 when I got up and walked around again for about an hour. Still pretty strong contractions but short and 7 or 8 minutes apart. I went back to bed til about 8am. Then we got up and had breakfast and got the big boys ready for school. By this time I really couldn't talk through them so every time I had a contraction I'd just close my eyes and kind of zone out. My dad wasn't sure what was going on I think :) We sent the boys off to school with the hope that we'd have baby girl that day! My sister came over with her kids and we just kind of hung out around the house. I texted my midwife and she said just to relax and rest. I sat on my yoga ball for about 2 hours and they really picked up. Still about 5 minutes apart but they were longer and stronger. By noon I needed to lay down in bed and needed Chris's help to get through them. He started timing them and they were almost 2 minutes long! I really had no idea, I thought we were still at 30 seconds or so. We called my midwife and she asked what I wanted to do :) SO nice to be in charge. So I said 'I want to get in the tub at 2.' She said 'Great I'll see you then.' We loaded up and left about 1:40. My mom and dad I think weren't sure we were really in labor cause I'd been at home all morning and just hanging out with the family for the most part.

We got to the birthing center and they asked if I wanted to be checked or just lay down and relax. One of the midwifes started rubbing my shoulders and I just kind of walked around for a few minutes. I was nervous if I got checked and got a low number I'd panic. After about 20 minutes we decided to find out and I was at a 9!!!!!!!!! I got in the tub and really relaxed. The contractions were super super strong but I was still getting really long breaks in between-crazy. They had soft music playing, it was dark and calming. One of the midwifes would rub my back or hips during the contractions, Chris got me drinks and we just tried to relax. After about an hour they asked what I wanted to do. With all my other kids nothing really progresses until they break my water-then we have the baby within about 10 minutes. They asked if I was ready to have a baby :) Yes!!I did not want to be pregnant anymore. So they broke my water and little baby Avery Jane was born within about 15 minutes.

They got her all wrapped up and gave her to Chris (after I had snuggled with her for awhile), then they got me out of the tub and tucked into bed, and they went out of the room. Chris and I were able to love her and hug her and I was able to nurse for over an hour! No lights and machines and paperwork and people bustling around. It was wonderful. Then they came in and weighed her and measured her and did a few other things. They asked how long we wanted to stay or go or what. My mom and dad were still at home with my kids so we figured may as well go home :) We left and were home before 7pm! Crrrrazy and wonderful

Avery Jane
3:43 pm
8 lb 11 oz  20 inches
Lots of hair!

She is a dream dream dream! I love the sweet spirit of a newborn. More to come.....

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Yay, I was hoping I'd get to read the whole story! She is such a little beauty and I'm so glad everything went well with your water birth. It sure is a different experience, isn't it? :)